Thursday, September 30, 2010

Geographical Map

For my second assignment, I decided to do a geographical map. This past summer, I worked at Stop and Shop, so I ended up driving myself there a lot. This map focuses on my trip from my house to Stop and Shop. While doing this map, I encountered some problems. First, I was not sure what the buildings’ order was on my way to work. I ended up really concentrating and picturing the drive in my head. Then, I was able to remember what buildings were in certain places. I had an aha! moment when I realized that I passed the bank before coming to a red light. I also had a problem of not knowing what to do to symbolize the funeral home. I thought that a box with a flower in it would be appropriate because there are always a lot of flowers at a funeral home. Anyway, I was happy when I finally achieved my goal of showing the route I took going to Stop and Shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment