Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Flow Chart




Even though I have ordered most of my books for school on Amazon, I did not remember all of the steps completely. I ended up having to pretend that I was actually ordering a book on Amazon. I went through all of the steps that I would have to take if I was ordering the book The Lovely Bones, and was careful not to click "place order." As I pretended to shop for The Lovely Bones, I made my flow chart. It took me a couple of tries to finally get my flow chart right. I was not completely satisfied with the first one, which is why I made a second one.






In my first diagram, I felt that everything kind of looked the same. In my second diagram, I solved this problem by making certain shapes different colors. I made the circles red, the rectangles blue, and the diamonds green. The first diagram's direction did not look that good either. I solved this problem by making the diagram go to the side and down again, instead of having things go to the side and up.














Making the second flow chart on finding dual-coding research on google scholar, was easier than making the flow chart for purchasing books on Amazon. This was probably the case because I had already gone through the process of making a flow chart, and knew what mistakes not to make. Once again, I used the primary colors to make the shapes stand out more, and had the diagram go in the same direction as before. Finding research on google scholar is not as hard as buying a book on Amazon. Also, depending on how much or what type of research you need, finding research on google scholar does not take that long. To make the flow chart accurate, I went through the process of researching dual-coding on google scholar. I did this while making the flow chart, and got my final result.




As a result of making these flow charts, I learned that even though making a flow chart looks like a simple process, it is not that easy to make. A flow chart may look simple, but if you do not involve every step for a process, the viewer might have problems. Ordering a book on Amazon is a long process. I had to be really careful when I went through each step because at one point, I almost ordered a book I did not need! Finding informtation on google scholar is not that long of a process, but it requires many steps.

*Note: I took another close up picture of the bottom of my flow charts since the font is hard to read in the original pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment