Monday, November 29, 2010

Storyboard Assignment

After looking over the pictures for this assignment, I decided to pick three that I would definitely focus on: the girl holding the apple while being surrounded by bushes, the man praying, and the four guys covering their noses and mouths while being surrounded by dust. This assignment really made me use my imagination to think about the types of pictures I could use, and how I could tell a story with them. I ended up using google and clicking on various pictures to make sure that their qualities would be good for the storyboard. All of the pictures have captions next to them to help tell a story.

I did not think that the picture of the girl holding the apple went with the other two pictures, so I did a separate story for that picture. I knew that the girl had to be holding an apple because she was surrounded by bushes like she had just picked it. Since it is the fall, I thought that a story of her and her mom making an apple pie would be perfect. For this storyboard, I used the scene to scene transition. First I showed the picture of her. Then, I showed a picture of a filled apple basket like she had just picked apples. Next, I showed a picture of flour, butter, and other ingredients that are needed to make an apple pie. Finally, I showed a picture of an apple pie to conclude the story.





For the second part of the assignment, I used the picture of the guys in the dust, and the man praying. The story is about a man who lives in an area where conditions aren't good. The guy decides to pray for conditions to get better. This really made me think, because I had to come up with other problems that dust could cause. I thought about how people and other things would be affected by the dust. This made me realize that dust could make people sick, and plants could die because of it. I ended up using the scene to scene transition for this storyboard as well, and started the story with the picture of the four guys standing in the dust. Next I put a picture of a kid being treated by the doctor to show how the dust affected him. After that, I put a picture of dead plants to show how crops and other plants that provide health could be destroyed. Finally, I included the picture of the man praying to show how much he wanted things to get better. Pollution is a problem, and will continue to get worse if we do not do anything about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment